Friday, September 16, 2011

Just Sew You Know

Being home without a job, I've been trying to keep myself entertained by crafting. First I got out all my scrapbooking things and worked on my scrapbook from the semester I spent in Cork, Ireland on study abroad...back from August - December 2006. Talk about slow! It lasted about two weeks and I got a couple of pages done. I am now on my Amsterdam trip section which I took at the end of August/beginning of September. I have since gotten bored and moved on but I'm sure I'll be back to it next week since I've finished my big project (see bottom of post).

My next creative venture took me back to my sewing of mini stockings. I had been doing them by hand but have trouble making curves look, well, curvy! I keep getting squarish kinks. So I decided to try using a sewing machine. The problem is, I have absolutely no idea how to use a sewing machine. My mom gave me a crash course on her 1957 Singer and I think I'm making slow progress! I made this pin cushion last week by cutting out a heart shape with a stencil, sewing it most of the way, turning it right side out and stuffing it with shredded cotton balls. I then enlisted the help of my mom to sew it shut since I don't know how to make the thread disappear. I think that'll have to be my next lesson! What do you think?


My next crafty task is redecorating my bedroom. I started Sunday and primed and painted my room. Now I'm cleaning out my closet! I got a beautiful headboard from Pier 1 today and my next mission is to find new curtains/blinds and maybe a new light fixture. I think that will be my adventure next week. My dad still needs to do some touch ups on the ceiling (since I'm so over painting I refuse to do it) and then we can finally move my furniture back in. Post to come soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment